The full form of HTTP in computer is HyperText Transfer Protocol which is a standard process used for distributing, collaborating and exchanging data on the World Wide Wed (www). In 1989 Tim Berners-Lee had originally proposed HTTP protocol.
How does HTTP works?
HTTP has the TCP/IP protocol to communicate with servers which is based on request and response.
While you access a web page you type http:// in front of the website address and the web browser here sends data request to the web server which on the other hand manages the request by a HTTP service.
After exchanging data the client and server are disconnected.
What is the purpose of HTTP?
- To build a connection with the server.
- Send HTML pages to the browser.
- Sends data in the mode of hypertext, plain text, audio, video, image etc.
- Transfers files and data to one host to another in the form of MIME-like format.
What are the versions of HTTP?
- HTTP version 0.9
- HTTP version 1.0
- HTTP version 1.1
- HTTP version 2.0
- HTTP version 3.0
What are the facts of HTTP?
- It is a ‘stateless’ protocol
- Port 80 is the normal port for HTTP connection
- HTTP uses port 443 for transferring data
Also Read : What is the full meaning of CRT in computer?
What is HTTP request?
HTTP is a format that uses the method of request and response for quality communication between the user and the server. HTTP is the message sent by the user to a server which is divided into 3 parts
- A request line
- Set of header fields
- A body
What are the Advantage and Disadvantage of HTTP?
- Network congestion is low
- CPU and memory usage is low
- It provides HTTP pipe-lining for request and response
- HTTP needs high power for connectivity
- It is less secure
- It is not authorized for cellular phone