The full form of HDMI in computer is High definition multimedia interface. It is a type of proprietary software that simultaneously transmit digital video and audio from a certain source.
An interface can be said at a palace where two separate devices meet and can share data. HDMI is such an interface to transfer audio and video via transmitting either compressed or uncompressed signals. This interface acts in the physical world via a cable called HDMI cable.
Who invented HDMI?
HDMI was found not by a person but by some major electronics companies like Sony, Philips, Toshiba, Hitachi and many others in 2002. It is the first uncompressed digital interface that carries audio and video signals and is backward compatible with the video – only digital interface.
What are the types of HDMI cables?
HDMI connectors are available in three sizes; these are a) Standard, b) Mini, c) Micro.
- Standard (Category 1) – This gives a resolution of 1080i or 720p.
- Standard with Ethernet – This gives the same as above along with a dedicated Ethernet channel.
- High Speed (Category 2) – This gives a resolution of 1080p 4K at 30Hz.
- High Speed with Ethernet – This is also the same as above along with a dedicated Ethernet channel.
- Category 3 (4K) – This gives 4K resolution at 60Hz.
- Category 4 (8K) – This gives 8K resolution at 60Hz and 4K at 120Hz.
What does HDMI cable do?
HDMI is used to transmit both high definition audio and video over a single cable, it is used in both commercial AV sectors. HDMI is mostly used in personal digital devices such as digital TV, DVD player, Xbox, Smart TVs, Playstaions etc.
HDMI is now also compatible with laptops and computers and it’s becoming a standard in commercial and corporate markets.
It is a simple and effective cable that is now used widely in education, retail display, presentations etc. that enables to transmit high quality audio visual files from on device to another.
How is HDMI cable different from USB cable?
USB And HDMI both are similar multimedia interfaces but USB’s use is restricted to computer and mobile connections with other devices while HDMI cable allows transfer between high tech devices and also maintains the quality of video and audio signals.
How to connect HDMI cable to TV or PC?
- To connect two devices via HDMI cable, you just need to put the ends of the cable into respective ports in the device
- It is clearly visible, which port would cable fit
- After that check display or input devices to run